papaphysix

Monday, May 23, 2005

My Little Superstar @ Cultural Potpourri VI


Christian Chow

For the first time, I had the chance to bring Christian out alone for a formal event. I could not bring my two other angels along as they are too young to be admitted. My dear wife has graciously agreed to take over (as usual). We were almost late, leaving the house at 7:10 pm as Christian refused to wear the attire initially. He only started beaming with a bright smile when we told him that he had to put on a tie. That got him all excited, saying goodbye to everyone as we left the home and started asking curiously whether all the other children (referring to the students of NHSS) have bathed, dressed up and are all ready to watch the show. Praying that we will not be late, we managed to reach there on the dot, after passing many green traffic lights along the way. Some of my students called, saying that we were getting late and they were all seated inside the hall already.

When we step into the hall, we were greeted by screams and shouts from my students from 1/10, asking who is Christian and saying how adorable he is! This continued as we proceeded to our seats with friendly hellos and shouts of "So cute!!" echoing along the way from 1/12. Things manage to calm down as the lights goes off and the show began with the performance from the band. We (Christian and me) loved the pieces played by the band, especially those pieces taken from Ma Ma Mia. My wife and I went for the musical and we bought a music CD of it, playing it in the car occasionally.

The drama was funny and yet thought-provoking, with an unexpected ending that sent me laughing away. However, explaining it to Christian was no joke as he bombarded me with the "why" questions: Why did the aunty died? Why is jia-jia so sad? Why is this? Why is that? I managed to answer him fairly well for this drama but when the second drama came on, I was almost speechless in providing any explanations! I don't fully understand the drama, let alone explaining it to Christian in the simplest manner. Luckily, he did not keep asking, probably because he is confused by it as well!

The dance performances were brilliant, although the first item was repeated from CCA extravaganza. Christian enjoyed the first item very much as he loves to tumble himself and he was fascinated especially with the last part when they stack on top of each other! I was busy looking out for my students, feeling very proud of them!

The er-hu solo was also splendid, although it gets a bit squeaky at times! K.L was telling me that M.S actually likes the soloist very much!

When the break interval came on, we were literally swamped by Christian's instant die-hard fans! The gals, especially, were trying so hard to gain his attention! He was so overwhelmed that he hugged onto me real tight and just refused to come down. Luckily, the toilet was nearby and we managed to find an excuse to escape into the toilet!

The choir was also music to my ears, with very nice blend of songs!

The finale dance item Oai x 3, was very well co-coordinated and yet funny! Christian and I were both awed by it! They must have trained very hard!When we came out of the hall to make our way home, Christian's "fans" continued to “stalk” him! When we decided to take some photos, phone cameras started popping up and snapping away! I felt at that instant, like the bodyguard of a “superstar”! Excuse me, my “client” needs to rest, please meet up with him again some other times. Sayonara! We made a final stop at the entrance before departing happily to our car. At last, privacy and simplicity of life came back again! It’s back to me and my son!